Good evening everyone. Lots of information on the upcoming season is in this post. We are moving forward under the assumption that our season will go on as planned. Here it goes:
Summer workouts - we completed week 2 today or our "Phase 1" workouts. They'll continue again next week on Monday and Wednesday at 9:00am. Thank you to the players who have come out and given us their all - many of whom continue to play with their summer teams as well. To be a successful program, we HAVE to have our athletes committing to Chap softball in the same way that they commit to their summer team. We are asking 2 hours per week right now. Very doable.
A 2nd sign up sheet will be posted this week for players to sign up for the 2nd set of summer workouts. We are hoping to be allowed to use shared equipment, aka softballs, during this next phase in our workouts. If not, we will continue to train and focus on getting in shape, improving our speed and agility, and getting stronger overall. It is our intention to also use these training strategies during the season as well.
All of the dates for our summer workouts have previously gone out via a post on this website. Contact me directly if you wish to be added to our email list: email@example.com
Cleats/team gear - samples of team cleats as well as sweats and hoodies will be available at practice in the next 2 weeks for players to try on. All team gear items are purchased by the player. They are not required. We wear white cleats. The players are strongly encouraged to wear team cleats. If not, they still need to be white. Pricing will be available at a later date. Typically cleats are around $70-$80 and the 2 clothing items are usually around $100 total.
Tryouts - August 10, 3:15-5:30
Parent involvement - Simply stated...we need it! Lots of it! Here's where our most urgent needs are:
1. The leadership positions of our booster club need filled. These positions all carry with them certain responsibilities. However, all of our parents are relied on to make sure things that our program provides for our players take place every year. Let me know if you have questions regarding these positions.
2. Field work day volunteers - Aug 1 starting at 9:00am to get our field ready for the season. Parents are a big part of what gets accomplished on this day.
3. Organizing parent meeting/pot luck dinner to start the season. Aug 12 at 6:30 at CHS.All families will be assigned items to bring along with other details that will be provided at a later date.
4. Concession stand items purchased and stocked.
Program needs - We will have a few fundraising items in place in order to purchase some needed equipment and continue to improve our field and facility. Some immediate needs include:
1. Batting cage net
2. Team helmets
3. Fence banners
4. Field maintenance and shed repair that will take place on Aug 1 at our field work day.
Bigger/long term needs:
1. New "turtle"(rolling batting cage that was previously the baseball program's and originally purchased in 2007)
2. New infield dirt mix
3. Concrete poured in the spectator area
** Please continue to check this website weekly. At least. We are 5 weeks away from the start of our season. This is where most of our information will be found. Let me know if you have any questions.